Saturday, January 17, 2015

1/17/15: Finished: Imperial Fists Tarantula Turret Sentry

Hey folks!

Like a lot of you, I love Forge World models. I've done everything from basic infantry to Titans, and its always a lot of fun to work on. I especially love the models you don't see very often! A couple weeks ago, I had to order a transfer sheet from FW for an upcoming commission, and as I had a little extra spending money, I decided to pick up something small for my Imperial Fists. Obviously, I decided on the Tarantula!

I'd never seen one in person, so I was a little surprised when it arrived! 


You get the base, then the...wait...Space Marine Razorback turret? I'd never paid enough attention to those, but its simply the turret added to a base!


Washed, assembled, based, and sprayed. For my yellows, I prime black, then airbrush the lower areas of the model with brown. Once dry, I spray white. Lastly, I spray the yellow, which coats well thanks to the white, and shades thanks to the brown. I use a lot of weathering powders for shading and effects, so the model got 3 or 4 coats of varnish.


And the completed model! About an hour from start to finish, this piece was incredibly fun to work on! Though the rules aren't amazing for normal 40k, I'd gladly run these in smaller games or even Zone Mortalis!

I'll have to get pictures of the Fists here soon, I'm starting to wrap them up, though there's still plenty of models I want to get for them!

Next up are more Imperial Knights, some Eagle Warriors, and a hodgepodge of other models!

Stay tuned!
Granesh

2 comments:

  1. Haha I love the reactions. Just noticed them :). Such a great gritty yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rofl I'm glad you like them, I figured they were funnier than Cool, and Like, etc. :)

      Thanks! Really like my Imperial Fists darker and grittier, I'll have to post army pictures soon!

      Granesh

      Delete