Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Painting: Pathfinders and a fun project; For Sale: Tyranid Tervigon?!

Hey everyone,

So just a couple of things for today. I’m slowly working through the first Alpha Legion squad, so I’ll have pictures of the completed squad and their Rhino this weekend. I’ve also started painting my The Sancified possessed Raptors, so I’ll have pictures of them up as well.

I finally broke down and rallied out the Tau Pathfinders. I’m really not a fan of these models, as the proportions are a lot different than the plastic Fire Warriors, and they fit strangely into the army. Anways, I think the squad looks pretty good all-in-all.

DSCF0702

DSCF0706

And accompanied by their Devilfish with Driver.

DSCF0707

Remember, the Tau are still up for sale. I need to build and paint the Broadside that I forgot to bring back down last break, but Crisis Suits paint up really quickly, so Broadsides should be the same.

Speaking of for sale, I was thinking about my proposed Tyranids. The army would be fun and goofy, but in the end with this hobby, I’m a painter. I really don’t want to do another personal army that’s Horde. I don’t get to spend the time I want to on each model, and though the Tervigon would be amazing all finished, I just can’t see myself painting 100+ Gants.

So the Tervigon, featured in my tutorial HERE, is up for sale. I’ve decided to give my loyal readers a discount over what I’d offer it for on eBay, Dakka, etc. The conversion comes to:

Carnifex: $45

Gants (5 Model Box): $8

Materials/Labor: $25

TOTAL: $78

I’m offering it to you guys for $70.

DSCF0667

DSCF0668

The model is primed lightly in Black, the carapace has a thin Orkhide Shade coat, and the model is sand based, but can be scraped off rather easily with an X-Acto. If you’re interested, please drop me an email at SmellsLikeWargaming@hotmail dot com, and we’ll get everything all worked out.

Finally, before I end this post, I figured I’d share a small, fun, crazy project I’ve wanted to do for a while. I’m really not a huge fan of Kill Team with my Imperial Guard. Every game I’ve played, I’ve lost. So I want to kill a couple birds with one stone. I ordered a package of MK3 Iron Armour off of eBay today, hopefully its not a crappy recast or anything, to do a small Kill Team, to practice some new techniques and things, as well as just do a small Marine group.

“But Granesh, how are you going to paint them?”

I’m thinking something like…

SmellsLikeMarine

That’s right people, we’ve got the start to the Smells Like Wargaming Marines. Expect more details later.

Granesh

No comments:

Post a Comment