Tuesday, March 10, 2015

3/10/15: Results of Genghis Con 2015 Painting Competition!

Howdy folks!

Haven't had a chance to post about this yet, had a lot going on! For those of you who don't know what Genghis Con is, its a local gaming convention here in Aurora, CO. I've been going for the painting competition for the last three years now, and I'm always happy with how its goes. The competition is run by the Colorado Miniatures Painting Alliance, which has a couple of Golden Daemon winners and some exceptional painters in it, so I'm always flattered to walk away with an award...or in this case...four!


Enough jibber jabber, you guys want pictures!


First up is my Nurgle Blight Drone. Part of my winning Armies on Parade army, I entered this on a whim, and wasn't expecting it to do anything.


He ended up winning a 3rd Place in vehicle/ordinance! I'll take it!


Next up was my deathstar unit for my Imperial Fists, consisting of Lysander, a Librarian, and six Assault Terminators. I tossed them on a wooden plinth and used magnets to hold them in place. 


I was very confident these guys would do well, and lo and behold, they did! This is my first 1st Place award at Genghis Con, so I was very pleased!


My final entry was a House Hawkshroud Knight Titan; I was very pleased with how he turned out, and knew he'd do well this year as well!


The pilot is an old Imperial Guard model, and the bird is from the Garden of Morr kit. I opted for red (the scheme is based on a Cardinal) to make your eye jump instantly to the scene, then pan down the rest of the model.


Please ignore the tilted Thermal Cannon, its magnetized....but he walked away with a 1st Place award as well!


Not only that, but he also won 2nd Runner Up, beat out by two very nicely done single miniatures! I'm ecstatic with this turnout, as all my Knights are done to the same quality and paintscheme as he is, and he was 2 models away from winning a trip to the Crystal Brush at Adepticon! 

Definitely a fruitful endeavour this year! This is also the second year everything I entered walked away with an award, which I couldn't be happier with! 

No time to rest on my laurels though! Commissions haven't slowed down in the slightest, and I'm currently working on an add-on to a White Scars army, as well as wrapping up my personal Imperial Fists army. Here's a teaser of the Imperial Fists; once they're done, I'll be sure to do a post on them!


Stay tuned!

Granesh

1 comment: