Monday, July 1, 2013

7/1/13: Finished: Loremaster of Hoeth and Battle Standard Bearer...Dirty Elves...

Hey guys!

So just a quick post today! My girlfriend was in town this weekend, so I didn't get a lot of painting done (though we did paint up a couple cultists, she's a natural!). BUT! That doesn't mean I haven't been working my butt off on other projects! Lets jump in, shall we?

First up is a Loremaster of Hoeth. The client had already assembled the piece, so it was just a matter of priming and painting! Lots of fun, I opted for metallics, rather than the NMM I'd done a lot of his pieces in. The orb probably could have benefitted from some OSL, but with time and financial constraints, I opted for a quicker effect on it.


The other piece was a High Elf Battle Standard Bearer. Lots of fun on this piece, I've really grown to enjoy painting the sculpted banners GW has been doing lately. 


As much as it drives me crazy, I opted for a blue and orange compliment on the piece to draw your eye to the banner and his shield.


Again, had a ton of fun with the banner. Would have liked a place to do some script, but hey!



'For Ulthuan!'


The client was extremely happy with the results, so I'd say I'm pretty happy with them overall myself! Alrighty, I'm headed out of town for the 4th of July, and should be back the week after. I've got some Wolves and Steel Legion to work on!

Granesh

No comments:

Post a Comment