Sunday, December 16, 2012

12/16/12: Abaddon WIP Part Deux, Smells Like Wargaming, GenghisCon, and 1750 CSM List!

Hey guys!

So first up, glad to see the huge increase of viewers over the last couple of days! I'm pretty sure its a result of putting Star Wars in a post title, but hey! For those of you interested, Durango got hit by a really, really, REALLY big snowstorm the last couple days, so we didn't have anyone turn out for the X Wing Kessel Run event, unfortunately. Thinking those boards could make a really sweet 40k space table though! 


Copy that asteroid table from the 6th Edition rulebook? Hmmmm plans....

Speaking of plans, I'm about 95% done with Abaddon Part Deux. Much happier with this one, the reds are brighter and the NMM stands out much better than the first Abaddon. He's my main CSM HQ choice though, so its good to almost be finished with him!


Why have I spent so much time on him lately? Well we've got a group of people looking to attend GenghisCon in Denver in February, and I'm hoping to represent SLW at a big convention with an amazing looking army. Expect more work on the CSM over the next two months, I've got big plans.

Speaking of big plans though, I've been trying to decide on a list that will run Abaddon at 1750. Kinda a tight squeeze, but I'm going for Best Painted, rather than Best General. Here's my thoughts:

  • HQ: Abaddon the Despoiler
  • HQ: Chaos Sorcerer in Terminator Armour with Combi-Melta/Force Sword, and Mark of Tzeentch (Mastery Level 2)
  • Elites: Terminator Squad x3, all armed with Lightning Claws, in a Land Raider with Extra Armour/Combi-Melta.
  • Troops: Chosen x6; Champion has Combi-Melta/Lightning Claw, Marines have Combi-Meltas, in a Rhino with Extra Armour/Combi-Melta.
  • Troops: Chosen x6; Champion has Combi-Melta/Lightning Claw, Marines have Combi-Meltas, in a Rhino with Extra Armour/Combi-Melta.
  • Troops: Cultists x15 with Autoguns, Heavy Stubber, and Mark of Nurgle.
  • Heavy Support: Havocs x5 with 4 Autocannons.
  • Heavy Support: Havocs 5 with 4 Autocannons
  • Fortifications: Aegis Defense Line with Quad-Cannon.
Its an interesting list, I really like the idea of the Death Star in a Chaos Marines list for some reason. I can make the unit look really nice on the tabletop, and it should do alright on the tabletop, assuming Abaddon doesn't get sniped too quickly. The Havocs pop Rhinos, Chimeras, and Wave Serpents, as well as mowing down light troops, while the Chosen have a good chance to roll around and annihilate a unit of heavy armour if need be. The Cultists sit behind the Aegis Defense Line on my objective and fend off any would be attackers with help from the Havocs if need be.

I'd love feedback on the list, I've got to test it a couple times, but should be no problem to paint up and get looking sexy. Hardest part would be finding all those Combi-Meltas!

Alrighty, got a lot of painting and work ahead of me, Smells Like Wargaming will be going on holiday from the 22nd to the 28th, so I should have some good updates before then!

Granesh

No comments:

Post a Comment