Monday, April 2, 2012

4/2/12: Where has Smells Like Wargaming Been?

Hey guys!

Man, I don’t even know where to begin. First off, its been a freaking week since I posted anything. I don’t like that, but I haven’t had a choice unfortunately. The last week has been a culmination of everything for my semester in school, with our art benefit finally happening.

Lets break this down into chunks.
1) Smells Like Wargaming now has a real studio!

DSCF2202

This guy’s hanging outside my new room in my new apartment!

DSCF2201

DSCF2200

I’ve still got some work to do on it, like pick up a new light bulb…but I’m almost entirely moved into my new apartment! Gotta grab some odds and ends, and I’ll be golden! I drove down to Gunnison this weekend to grab my bed and some other furniture, so that’s all done. I’m really liking the new set up for the desk, should get some good work done there!

2) Bringing Art into Life Wearable Fashion Show

560150_2845811950057_1402158774_32136347_1073712158_n

My Gallery Internship Class’ main goal was the Wearable Art Show being put on by a couple good friends of mine in the art department, and that Benefit finally went down on Thursday. Excellent turnout, although I was probably the only one in the building who didn’t end up plastered!

It took all week running back and forth to get the show set up, but it was totally worth it in the end. Plus, yours truly had a piece up in the show!

557526_2815432230583_1402158774_32122912_1128522291_n

You Are Beautiful, Goddammit!
Branden Jacobson. 2012.

A lot of fun with that piece, I’ve got plans for some more of that this summer.

Whew! Alrighty, so I’ve got some commission boxes to move over to the new apartment, along with a Wal-Mart trip for my roommates, so I’ll hopefully be getting some painting done tonight! Must finish terminators, must finish terminators…

Granesh

3 comments:

  1. Good stuff! Hope to see works from you though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man, I'm gonna have a TON of pictures coming up...oh and some models too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new SLW symbol or design thing you got going on there! Cant wait to see terminators!

    ReplyDelete