Tuesday, March 6, 2012

3/6/12: Its Funny How Fast Life Changes….

Hey guys,

So for those of you who follow me on Facebook, you’ve already seen. But for those of you who haven’t…

419541_390196034340191_254589851234144_1529451_249893436_n

This is what happens when people who don’t know how to drive in the snow drive in the snow. Long story short, a Subaru in front of a Dodge Truck was being tailgated by said truck and tried to pull over. He hit his brakes too fast. The truck had to hit her brakes and began to slide. Me, behind the truck, had to hit my breaks and began to slide as well. After trying to catch the car three times, I hit her right taillight. She walked away with $250 of damage. Me? Totaled.

Fairly certain if I didn’t have the Cattle Crusher on their though, someone would have been hurt. Everyone was safe and uninjured though, which is very important!

So thanks to my roommate’s family, we made it down to Grand Junction for the weekend, then got back today. Tomorrow I get the check for the car, and should be looking for a new vehicle here soon.

This, unfortunately, wasn’t my first accident. When I was 18, I got hit by accidentally running a red light after a concert. I was telling my roommate that the morning of this accident, I got the same feeling in the pit of my gut that I probably shouldn’t drive today. I ignored it. I had the same feeling the morning of my first accident. Maybe I should start listening to my gut...

Anywho, this really doesn’t have any real affect on Smells Like Wargaming, but more on myself than anything. Yes, not having a vehicle for a little bit means that picking up some supplies becomes a little more tedious, but other than that, Smells Like Wargaming is back, revitalized, and refreshed. I’ll be getting the check tomorrow and looking for a new vehicle a little bit.

Thinking I’ll blow through Mike’s pieces tonight and tomorrow, and get started on Donny’s Fists in full too!

I’m back baby!

Granesh

3 comments:

  1. Glad your alright. Nothing like a wreck to throw a kink into life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that everyone came out of it alright. I hope you manage to get a new vehicle soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys :) I've got a couple of vehicles I'm eyeing right now, so hopefully I'll have one by the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete