Tuesday, February 21, 2012

2/21/12: WIP: Warhammer Fantasy Watchtower

Hey guys,

So remember the old Watchtower kit I had lying around? I put a picture or two up a while ago….where’d they go…oh, here!

Watchtower

Well my buddy Ryan over at Lost in Painting, same guy I taught the painting class with, is running a Fantasy tournament at Durango Game Space.

Now, the boards look great down there, but there’s no real fantasy terrain! A bunch of 40k ruins, some Aegis Defense Lines, a Bastion, etc. So I figured I’d get some paint thrown on here in a touch of free time. Here’s where I’m at so far:

DSCF2131

Really coming out nicely, and a departure from my usual technique for painting.

DSCF2130

The Walls are a mix of Scorched Brown and Dheneb Stone, while the woodwork and roofing is Shadow Grey and Codex Grey. I would love to get this done by Saturday for the shop, but if I can’t, I’m sure I can run it down regardless and let them use it. All depends on the Orange Crush Marines and the Imperial Fists, just need to push through the last of the Marines and start rolling through the yellow!

More pictures soon, I’m headed to the shop this evening to watch a friend play a league match. His Wolves are looking good for tabletop, and, with the new Thunderwolf kits coming, I’m sure my Chaos Marines have a new challenge ahead!

Granesh

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I just love the fantasy kits GW are doing right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! I agree, their kits for Fantasy are great, I can't wait to see what they release after 6th Edition drops!

    ReplyDelete