Sorry for the lack of updates guys! We’re winding down the semester right now, so I’ve got a lot of projects and assignments due in the next couple of weeks that need to get done. Doesn’t mean I haven’t been busy with commissions though! Lets start!
First up, Magilla’s Grey Knights came in on Thursday, so on Friday, I set about starting on putting the beast together. This group includes:
- Coteaz (Finished)
- Terminator Librarian (Finished)
- 11 CCW Warrior Acolytes
- 9 Meltagun Warrior Acolytes
- 20 Death Cult Assassins
- 5 Razorbacks with Heavy Bolters
- 1 Chimera with Multi-Laser
- 3 Venerable Dreadnoughts
- 3 Dreadnoughts
- Land Raider Redeemer/Crusader
Looks like more than it actually is:
I really like the Death Cult, the client wanted Dark Elf Corsairs for them, which work perfectly. I should be starting painting in the next couple of days.
Next up is a little (but still important) commission of a Salamanders Terminator Chaplain and Vulkan He’stan.
I LOVE the Chaplain model, though its still pewter. I really hate Vulkan though…
Obviously still WIP, I’ll be finishing him tonight. WAY TOO BUSY MODEL!
A little more work on Dreadfleet too! Islands and Wrecks galore!
Marble altar of death!
Careful sailing Grimnir’s Thunder, Careful sailing…
Lastly, I managed to get a game in against Grey Knights on Saturday. Lots of fun, a nail-biter all the way to the end. Here’s lists:
Granesh’s Alpha Legion
- Daemon Prince with Wings, Mark of Nurgle, and Warptime
- 8 Khorne Berserkers with 2 Plasma Pistols, personal Icon, and Skull Champ with Plasma/Power Fist, in a Rhino with Extra Armour/Combi-Melta.
- 10 Alpha Legionnaires with 2 Meltaguns and Icon of Chaos Glory with a Champ with Power Weapon/Meltabombs in a Rhino with Extra Armour/Combi-Melta.
- 8 Summoned Lesser Daemons
- Vindicator with Daemonic Possession and Combi-Melta.
Andrew’s Grey Knights (Can’t Remember all wargear stuff)
- Castellan Crowe
- Venerable Psyfleman Dreadnought
- 10 Purifiers with various weapons
- 8 GK Terminators with Brotherhood Banner, Halberds, etc.
- Vindicare Assassin
I feel like I’m missing something here, but you can get the jist of it. We decided on KP and Pitched Battle setup. I lost the roll to go first, and Andrew deployed first.
Daemons really don’t like Grey Knights, obviously. Daemon Prince ate the Razorback, then got his face eaten. The Summoned Daemons came in off the Alpha Legion, I decided to assault for shits and giggles, and got eaten by Purifiers.
The Vindicare (the Scout) was drinking wine in the tower. He plinked shots at the Vindicator, missing twice (with the reroll!) or stunning it, which I just ignored. Turn 5 saw the Destruction of the Demolisher Cannon, but it was too late, as the S10 template wiped out at least 200 points of GK terminators in one shot.
That single stupid Purifier would wipe out a couple of Space Marines before going down.
Final Scrum. The Khorne Berserkers and Alpha Legionnaires held their ground against Crowe and the Terminators, and held the game to a win in my favor!
Learned several key things in the game.
- The Vindicator is perfect for my list. Daemonic Possession does hurt for scatter, but when you hit, you’ll do a TON of damage, my Leman Russ Demolisher will attest to that.
- Cleansing Flame sucks. 3+ armor saves don’t like me, so I was consistently losing Space Marines from quantity of saves.
- Crowe’s only mean if he’s surrounded by enemies. I drew most of my assaults into the Terminators, meaning that Crowe went from 5 or 6 attacks to 2 every turn.
- I got lucky with the Vindicare. My Vindicator should have died, but poor rolls meant he survived and did a TON of damage.
I know the book’s been out for a while, but I’d never played it before, save for that Apocalypse game. Really mean book, you really have to decide what you’re going to assault, what you’re going to shoot, and what you’re going to ignore. I know that sounds like an obvious comment, as you always have to decide that stuff, but I don’t think I truly comprehended just how nasty everything in the book can be. Until our next game Andrew!
Alrighty, got a TON to do in the next two weeks, so expect my sporadic posts, complimented with a TON of pictures!