Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thoughts: New Necron Models on the Way!

Necron_activity

Hey guys,

So I’m putting the finishing touches on Land Raider ‘Medusa’ right now, and I’ll have the Ultramarines one magnetized and ready to go tonight!

But I decided, with all the rumors and pictures and things running around, that I’d give my opinion on the new Necron Models that will be out on November 5th.

Lets go down the list…

*All pictures courtesy of Beasts of War and Faeit 212*.

Command/Support Barge

Necron-Barge-Commandand-Support-Beasts-of-War

Interesting models, nothing I was expecting. I really like the Command Barge, especially the Lord on the back. I feel like the Support Barge is going to become like the Eldar Heavy Support Weapons, depending on their unit type.

Imotekh the Stormlord and Trazyn the Infinite

318580_10150317877831315_133813491314_8395904_1507708049_n

Oooooo…I love the named characters. I think Trazyn would be my Lord model any day. Imotekh is cool, he just feels too much like the old Lords.

Necron Overlords

320604_10150317878761315_133813491314_8395905_666131720_n

Loving these models too. Lots of room to try some different techniques, especially the Hyperphase weapons.  May have to pick up the one on the right.

Necron Deathmarks

308710_10150317837046315_133813491314_8395760_12522484_n

Blech. While I like Snipers in video games like Left 4 Dead and Borderlands, I hate them in 40k. GW also seems to be going towards the one-eyed helmet thing lately, you can see it in the Manticore/Deathstrike Driver model too. Meh, I’ll pass.

Necron Lynchguard

Lychguard-With-Warscythes

Lychguard-Hyperphase-Swords-and-Dispersion-Shields

I feel like these guys are going to work like Wolf Guard or Sanguinary Priest. Start divvying them around! Beautiful models, I really like the segmented armored loincloths, theres plenty of room for some nicely personalized models here. Here’s hoping they’re plastic and not Finecast, like DE Mandrakes!

And the Hyperphase Swords and Dispersion Shields? SWEEEEEET….I’m getting a GK Crusader feel off these guys, which I’m totally cool with.

Necron Triarch Praetorians

Necron-Triarch-Preatorians-Beasts-of-War

Just as cool, if not cooler, than the Lynchguard. While I’d question a totally CC Necron Unit *coughwraithsandflayedonescough*, the text box above them mentions ‘Triarch Praetorians with Particle Casters and Void Blades’. CCW and a Pistol, perhaps? I kinda like that more. These look sweet for painting though, especially that jeweled-blade look they have going.

Necron Ghost Ark

310615_10150317818541315_133813491314_8395662_1807738000_n

Oooooooooooooooooooo…..Getting a major classic Dark Eldar Raider feel off of these, but they’re sweet. The Necrons riding inside would be perfect for a Necron Tomb board, and, possibly, you might be able to magnetize them and get some extra unit fillers for your Warriors!

Necron Flayed Ones

New-Necron-Flayed-Ones

Finally, the ones everyone’s been waiting for. Flayed Ones. EWWWWWWWW, the corpse on the bottom left one is awesome, though I don’t know if I like the bottom right one, I feel like he’s giving it a piggy-back ride…Sweet models, the skin tone coupled with the metallic is a really nice contrast.

Alrighty guys, there’s more pictures on the links I provided at the top of the post. What do YOU all think? Sweet models? Crappy models? Why do I care about Necrons? What’s with all the questions? Sound off in the comments!

Like I said, I’d love to pick up a Codex and maybe a Lord model or two, so maybe that’ll cross my painting desk soon….hmmmmm….

Granesh

No comments:

Post a Comment