Thursday, October 27, 2011

Finished: Space Wolves Land Raider ‘Kraken’s Bane’

Hey guys,

So I sat down today and rallied out the Space Wolves Land Raider Crusader/Redeemer I had on my desk, and I must say, I’m rather happy with it.

DSCF1625

I went away from GW’s style of the all Grey Land Raider, and added a little bit of yellow and Red to make it a little more interesting.

DSCF1627

DSCF1626

The Shields come, as I said, from the WHFB Orc regiment, and the decals are Space Wolves ones with some extra paint applied to make it look less like a decal.

DSCF1624

‘KRAKEN’S BANE’ The filigree comes from a Viking Tattoo I came across online, and just helps to add the Viking feel.

DSCF1630

DSCF1631

I went for the engraved look for the runes again, much like the Ultramarines Land Raider I did a couple of days ago.

DSCF1633

I did the charred effect on both the Multi-Melta and the Flamestorm Cannons.

DSCF1636

DSCF1637

‘Yeah, good luck….’

DSCF1638

Up next is another Tervigon, this time painted up and ready to spawn for the Hive Mind! I’m gonna be starting on it tonight, so get ready for some Tyranid love (rare these days…)

Granesh

2 comments:

  1. this looks AWESOME I am so going to add more colour to my tanks! Love it
    I like writing and the shields too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lycanthropica! I always hated GW's pure Blue-Grey Wolves, they're such beautiful models, they just need a lot of colour and effects to take them to the next level! Put some pictures of yours up on the SLW Facebook page, I'd love to see some new tanks!

    Granesh

    ReplyDelete