Tuesday, September 20, 2011

One Hundred Followers! What’s on the Table at Smells Like Wargaming?

Hey guys,

First off, I’d like to thank all of my followers for getting SLW up to 100 Followers! It may seem like a minor goal for the blog, but to me, it means that everyone’s enjoying what I’m doing, how I’m going about it, etc. So thank you all so very much!

Alrighty, onto the painting block. First off, I’ve been bit by the Yellow bug again. I don’t know why, but that goofy lemon color just appeals to me! So I reprimed an AoBR Tac Marine I had white primer (Gasp! Granesh using white primer?!), and set to work.

DSCF1528

I must say, the white base really made the yellow pop more. He’s just a nice, clean Marine. It was more of a test than anything to using the white primer for yellow. If I do my Imperial Fists (and trust me, I will sometime…), I’ll be doing the whole thing with a White Primer.

DSCF1529

I also kitbashed this SM Captain out of some pieces. This is what happens when you take this:

DSCF1526

And add some better parts:

DSCF1530

He’ll be much cooler painted. I’m planning on Imperial Fists with him too, I just couldn’t get the Alpha Legion look going with him.

Speaking of Alpha Legion, I won a box of Khorne Berzerkers for like 40% off on eBay last night, so expect the denizens of Khorne to start appearing for real on my painting desk. I do have an interesting idea for a scheme, so I might run it past you guys before I proceed. And yes, there’ll be plasma!

Finally, my commission of Space Wolves arrived yesterday! I didn’t have time to work on them, as Nyquil really puts me to sleep, as well as cures headcolds! Anyways, I started on them this morning!

DSCF1527

The group is 10 Grey Hunters, 1 Wolf Guard, and some various bitz and bobs (packs, arms, etc.) I should have them done by Sunday though!

Phew! Alrighty, back to work on the Wolves! I feel like I’m missing something….oh! I have a plan for my Orky combat patrol army for Adepticon…meh, I’ll go over it soon…

Granesh

1 comment: