Thursday, September 29, 2011

Modeling: Khorne Berserkers (with Plasma!) and Ministorum Priest

Hey guys,

So its been a rather slow hobby week for me, with school, life, and a strange bout of insomnia that’s kicked in recently. I’d been feeling the Modeling bug for a while, but the painting bug is mysteriously absent…

But finally, the Khorne Berserkers I ordered came in! I got the 8 needed for the list assembled, while the 4 leftovers went to the bitz box for another time. For those of you who don’t remember, I did a post a little bit ago on whether or not to put plasma on my Berserkers…I went ahead anyways. I feel like it’s a good investment, and if they die, well they die, right?

DSCF1557

I opted away from the ugly-ass bunny rabbit heads (they’re a pain to paint too…) and went with the heads from the Warriors of Chaos Warriors kit. Much happier with these, they really add a faceless brutality to the unit. I’m really happy with them though because the Skull Champion still gets a skull helmet!

DSCF1558

‘Wait Granesh, where’s his arm?’ Kharn got him. Nah, I’ve decided to magnetize the Bolt Pistol hand and a Plasma Pistol hand, depending on the list. I may pop that Fist off and magnetize it with a Power Weapon, but I’m not quite sure yet.

DSCF1559

Old School Plasma Pistols FTW!

I may add some extra packs and things to the Berserkers, but for right now, they’re assembled. As soon as it stops raining, I’ll be out priming and painting!

Also, in my weird bout of insomnia the other night, I grabbed an old model I had sitting on my desk. I was given this model by a friend in Aztec who wasn’t using him, and figured I could use him.

Cotez

It’s the dude on the far right. I figured I could use him as a Ministorum Priest to accompany my second Veteran Squad. I pretty much hacked off his Plasma Pistol…then forgot about him…

Until Now.

DSCF1560

Added bitz include the censer from the DA Veterans Sprue, a Sgt. Laspistol, some SM parchments, a purity seal, and some custom sculpting. Extremely happy with how the sculpting came out.

DSCF1561

I can ride my bike with no handlebars (mustache)!

For those of you waiting on the Terminators, my goal is to have them done by next Thursday, my Sophomore Portfolio Review. I feel the response from the community was so good with them that they truly reflect some of my best work.

Other than that, I’m hoping for a relaxing weekend, a little Rogue Trader, possibly, and a lot of sleep, so keep your eyes tuned to the blog!

Granesh

No comments:

Post a Comment