Friday, July 1, 2011

Painting: Alpha Legion Daemon Prince and Bikes; New FW Dread for Chaos?!

Hey guys,

Sorry for the slow week of updates, my internet at home was being wonky, and work and life has kicked my butt. Doesn’t mean I haven’t been getting some hobby done though!

First up, my first Daemon Prince:

DSCF1148

I really need to build that lightbox…

DSCF1150

Alpha Legion Tattoos

DSCF1151

As usual, he looks SO much better in person.

Also finished is the first 3 Bikers, done in Alpha Legion scheme.

DSCF1152

DSCF1153

I’m trying to decide on an Icon bearer model, so as soon as I figure that out, I’ll get the 3rd. group of bikes going.

Here’s a WIP shot of my next group of Bikers

DSCF1154

The red tone is coming out differently than I wanted it to. I’ve been trying for a more subdued, deep red, but this one turned out brighter. Oh well, theres two more bikers to do.

Finally, I got off of my other job today to see Forge World’s newest Newsletter. Yes, the Carcharadons decal sheet is cool, but the coolest release was:

contemptordflt

The Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought. PRE-HERESY DREAD FTW!!! EHRM…sorry. Beautiful model, fully posable, and not super expensive either! Forge World also released rules, allowing Vanilla Marines, Dark and Blood Angels, Space Wolves, and Black Templars the ability to use one. The biggest one, though, is that the Chaos Marine book can take one too.

That’s right, Chaos finally gets a reliable dreadnought. I, for one, really like the idea of an Alpha Legion one, and at under 200 points, could be a viable unit to run in the army.

Thoughts on the Contemptor? Like it? Hate it? Pissed its not Xenos? Comment below!

Granesh

1 comment:

  1. The Alpha Legion Prince looks great, and I'm enjoying the rest of the Legion offerings so far too! I'm throwing around the idea of doing a Pre-Heresy Alpha Legion army myself.

    You mentioned the need to build that lightbox? I actually just wrote an article on my own blog about miniature photography, check it out if you'd like.

    Oh and yeah.. I'll be buying two of the new forgeworld dreads... and 6 arms :P

    ReplyDelete