Saturday, March 12, 2011

Thoughts: Jokaero Weaponsmith Model

Planet-Of-The-Apes-550x366

Hey guys,

Figure I’d add my own thoughts on the Jokaero Weaponsmith model that’s been making its rounds on the internet for the last couple of days. While I really like the concept of the model, I feel that it could use some touches.

First off, here’s the new model:

GKJokaero

Cool, goofy concept for a model. The old model was truly just an Orangutan with a different name, so this one’s a hundred times better. The tech on its back reminds me of the Vespid Stingwings for the Tau Empire, which would be cool if these guys made it into the next Tau codex.

However, there is a couple of things I’m not a fan of. The digital weapons he has are, to me, too spindly and fragile looking. Now I’m not complaining about essentially an Imperial Obliterator, but I think that a system using that weird powerfist contraption on his left hand and a small computer type deal, like the Master of Ordnance, would have looked better.

180px-Imperial_Guard_Regimental_Advisors - Copy

Also a set of tools and some headgear would have made him look less like a misplaced Orangutan and more like a Jokaero Weaponsmith. I would have loved to see a pair of aviator-style goggles and maybe a sack of tools, a wrench, etc. Yes the spindly little fingers could act like tools, but it would have been more…recognizable..yes that’ll do…as a mechanic and tinkerer with some tools.

Needless to say, I love the concept and the model itself. I plan on picking up two as bodyguards for my Imperial Guard Company Command, but I’ll be doing a little bit of modifications on mine to suit my style.

What do you all think about the model? Is it cool? Crappy? Too Weird? Leave your thoughts in the comments!

Granesh

1 comment:

  1. I think the model looks very good, although of course it doesn't seem like it'll fit in with Grey Knights too well. I like your idea to use them as bodyguards. I hope they are as effective for you as the Librarian of the Unseen University!

    I'm happy that the Jokaero are back in the game; I thought that they had been quietly forgotten from the 40K universe since I saw (and loved) the idea of space orangutans way back when I was a geeky 12 year old.

    ReplyDelete