Saturday, January 1, 2011

Painting: Daemons Commission and Arvus Lighter

Hey everyone,

Hope you all had a great New Years! So my newest commission came in yesterday, and I wasted no time to get them prepped and ready to go. The Commission consists of:

  • 2 Bloodthirsters
  • Slaaneshi Herald
  • 14 Plaguebearers
  • 14 Nurglings
  • 16 Bloodletters
  • 10 OOP Flamers of Tzeentch

Daemons_Pre-Painting

Flamers_of_Tzeentch(1)

The Bloodthirsters were partially converted with WFB Minotaur bitz, and the Plaguebearers are an amalgamation of about 5 different kits.

Plaguebearers(1)

Also, I finally sat down and got the base done for my Arvus. Due to its size and complexity of storage, I haven’t been able to work on it at school, so I’m just glad I was able to get this done. BTW, it’s a little unnerving to drill a half inch hole into the bottom of an $80 resin model.

Arvus on Stand

Arvus in Action

And a fun picture, just for the hell of it. The remnants of my Company Command squad finally sees their rescue.

I’m about to get started one of the Bloodthirsters, so expect pictures of that either tomorrow or Monday.

Granesh

2 comments:

  1. Those daemons look rough...it'll be a real test of you abilities, :)

    That lander is fantastic, love the bright colors, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah man, they're gonna be brutal ;)
    I actually got some of them done yesterday, so be ready! I'm especially happy with the Slaaneshi Herald!

    As for the Arvus...I wanted something flashy and different from my Guard. It was either Imperial Grey with the orange, or Taxi-Cab Yellow with the orange...I think I made the right choice!

    ReplyDelete