Thursday, January 6, 2011

Painting and Modeling: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

khorne

Hey everyone,

So I’ve been taken by the Blood God. All hail the Throne of Skulls, may the blood run thick…ok, maybe that was a little much. I’ve been doing nothing but build and paint minions of the Blood God since Wednesday, which is a lot of fun for me, especially because I love painting red.

First off is the Daemons commission. I sat down and rolled out the Bloodletters, I’m fairly happy with how they’ve come out, but I might have to touch up some bone areas.

Bloodthirsters(1)

Bloodthirsters(2)

I’m also losing the fight to magnetize the Bloodthirster’s wings, so I’ll have to play around with that a little more. I also have to work on taking pictures, I’m not happy with the way my photos turn out, they don’t give the models justice at all.

Next up is the Flamers of Tzeentch, I’ll be keeping a warm purple/red tone to them, mixed into blue, to keep the warm Khorne feel to the army.

Also, I’ve started work on my Pre-Heresy World Eaters. As I’m basing them on both the Chaos Marines and the Blood Angels codex, I’m incorporating bitz from both armies.

First off is Kharn the Betrayer. He’ll work as Gabriel Seth or even Tycho as needed, but I’m really happy with how he’s looking. I wanted an unhelmeted head for him, as to truly show his bloodlust, plus the classic model looks like crap.

Kharn(1)

The head, torso, legs, and right shoulderpad are from the Sanguinary Guard box. His gloves/hands are from the Khorne Berserker sprue, and the arms are Catachan. I think he represents Kharn nicely, thought I might do the chains on his arms.

Also finished is my Skull Champion/Sanguinary Priest, done in the same manner as Kharn.

SkullPriest(1)

“But Granesh, how is he going to represent a Sanguinary Priest?!”

SkullPriest(2)

I just have to do the chalice, but the model is completely magnetized!

KharnPriest(1)

I’m fairly certain I’m having WAY too much fun with magnets, but oh well!

Expect more Daemons pictures over the next week or so, then some Nob Bikers and Imperial Fists!

Granesh

No comments:

Post a Comment