Sorry for the delay in posting, I’ve had a lot going on over the last couple of days, mainly prep for the new semester to start. I have, however, gotten a LOT of painting done, both on the Daemons project and my own Tau.
First off, we’ll do the daemons. These Flamers of Tzeentch are both a lot of fun and a lot of work to get to look right. I stuck with the warm purple tone in order to keep the Khornate base look to everything.
Some of them have Tzeentch symbols painted on their beaks, just for the hell of it!
Not quite done are the Nurgling bases. I have 5 more to do, which should go by really quickly.
Not the best picture, but you get the point. I think I have to redo some of their teeth too, just an honest missing of some areas.
Finally, the Zombie Plaguebearers. There were a lot of missing pieces like heads and arms and things, so I’m trying to make it look as deliberate as possible with the painting. I’m still trying to get the perfect tone for the skin down, but here’s the first three.
Red armour and clothing keeps the Khorne Theme going, and the muted colors keeps the dreaded Christmas effect away.
This entire army is about redoing and refixing old, beaten models. Now, a finished picture.
The paint is still thick in some areas that the Simple Green didn’t remove, but I’m really happy with them now. The weathering on the left model not only shows the danger of dropping in close with Melta, but also covers up some rough patches as well. All in all, I’m really happy with the end result.
I’ve got one more suit to do, some drones, and a Hammerhead. With the Daemons, I have a Soul Grinder, the Nurglings and Zombies, and another Bloodthirster to finish, then I’m done. I’ve got Nob Bikers and Imperial Fists on the way as well, so keep an eye on the blog!
PS: For those interested, my radio ad and a BRAND NEW CONTEST are being talked about on the Independent Characters podcast (episode 20), so go and check them out here!