Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tau Army List, Part Trois

Stealth Suits (1)

Hey everyone,

So I had a fine trip over the mountains, and I’ve been home for a little over a day now. No snow, but its cold as hell here…damn Colorado. Anyways, I finally got a chance to test out my Tau list yesterday, and I’ve got to say, it’s a fairly difficult army to be effective with. I played a fairly soft Black Templars list because my friend really likes the army. Now my original list wasn’t perfect to begin with, but I did learn what wasn’t effective and what was effective. I’ll list it out.

EFFECTIVE

  • Crisis Suits: A standard Fireknife Team had the opportunity to kill a Marshall, Emperor’s Champion, and a bunch of Termies, as well as a Rhino full of guys, but the dice had other ideas.
  • Pathfinder Team: The Markerlights could have broken a Terminator Squad and potentially saved my army.

INEFFECTIVE

  • Sky Ray: The Missiles just weren’t doing what they needed to do. Its cool, but I think a Manticore with Hunter-Killer Missiles just isn’t worth it.
  • Hammerheads: I love the models, but I like Broadsides more. These just weren’t killing Land Raiders or, hell, even Rhinos…
  • Kroot: I assaulted a squad of Neophytes and Initiates, and with some “wonderful” dice rolls, I flubbed and was cut down. Just didn’t play these right….
  • STEALTH SUITS: Jumped out, failed to really damage a Land Raider with the Fusion Blaster, jumped into cover, killed one, then they failed their leadership, and fell back. There’s better things to buy than these…

Stealth Suits (1) - Copy These need to go away…FAST

So I’ve added some things, removed some things, and generally retweaked the list a bit. So here it goes, what do you all think?

HQ 346

  • Commander Shas’el with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and Targeting Array; HWDC, HWMT, HWTL, and Iridium Armour.

Drones: 2 Shield

  • Bodyguard #1 with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and Targeting Array; HWDC, HWMT, MWTL.

Drones: 2 Guns

  • Bodyguard #2 with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and Targeting Array; HWDC, HWMT, MWTL.

Drones: 1 Gun & 1 Shield

  • Ethereal.

ELITES 462

  • Crisis Suit Team
  • Suit #1 with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and Targeting Array; HWDC, HWMT, HWTL.

Drones: 2 Guns (20) 107

  • · Suit #2 with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and Target Lock.
  • · Suit #3 with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and Target Lock.
  • Crisis Suit Team
  • Suit #1 with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and Targeting Array; HWDC, HWMT, HWTL.
  • Drones: 2 Guns (20) 107

  • · Suit #2 with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and Target Lock.
  • · Suit #3 with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and Target Lock.

TROOPS 403

  • Fire Warrior Team (12)
  • Fire Warrior Team (12)
  • Kroot Carnivore Squad X19, Accompanied by Kroot Hounds X5.

FAST ATTACK 324

  • Pathfinder Team X6 In a Devilfish.
  • Pathfinder Team X6 In a Devilfish.

HEAVY SUPPORT 415

  • Hammerhead Gunship with Railgun and Smart Missile System.
  • Broadside Team
  • Suit #1 (70) with Shas’vre, HWDC, and HWTL.

Drones: 2 Guns (20)

  • Suit #2 with Multi Tracker.
  • Suit #3 with Multi Tracker.

The list should be much more effective. The Broadside Team should provide plenty of heavy fire, especially coupled with the two Pathfinders Teams. The up-ed Kroot Squad should be much more effective in combat, and should speed-bump most assault squads for at least a turn or two. The Ethereal is going to be attached to the Pathfinder Squad in order to keep them Fearless, and if he does get cooked off, Preferred Enemy isn’t bad either!

So what do you guys think? Better than my last list, which you can see here? I’m gonna try it out tonight, hopefully, so I’ll get some more Tau info with that.

Thanks,

Granesh

No comments:

Post a Comment