Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Army List REDEUX and Painting: Commissar and Crisis Suit!

 

Hey everyone,

So a couple of things today. I took AbusePuppy’s advice (see last post’s Comments) and reworked my Tau list. Some of the things in my list were put there in a hurry, so I’m glad he tore it apart. Anyways, before that, lets put some pictures up!

First up is a fun project I had lying around my desk for a while. I wanted to practice the NMM a little more, and while it didn’t turn out exactly how I wanted it, I’m still pretty happy with it.

Lord Commissar (1)

 

Lord Commissar (2)

He’s not completely finished yet, but I don’t have a lot of time to work on him right now, so he’ll probably sit on my desk some more before I get a chance to knock him out!

Next up is my new project. As you can probably tell, I’ve been bitten by the Tau bug pretty severely (They amputated my hand!), and have jumped in with both feet. I haven’t gotten my snow flock in yet, but that’ll go where the ugly White patches are on their bases.

Crisis Suit Bodyguard #1 (1)

Crisis Suit Bodyguard #1 (2)

I’m really happy with the Icy Blue on the models, and adds a nice, bright, contrast to the Greys and whites.

Next up is my redone list. I played around with some things, took AbusePuppy’s advice, and tweaked the list. I kept some things, added a LOT, and removed some tweaky things.

HQ

  • Commander Shas’el with a Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and Targeting Array, as well as HWDC, HWMT, HWTL, and Iridium Armour.
  • Drones: 2 Shield
  • Bodyguard #1 with a Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and Targeting Array, as well as HWDC, HWMT, and MWTL.
  • Drones: 2 Guns
  • Bodyguard #2  with a Plasma Rifle (20) Missile Pod, and Multi Tracker, as well as HWDC and HWTL.
  • Drones: 1 Gun, 1 Shield

ELITES 574

    • Crisis Suit Team
  • Suit #1 with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and Targeting Array, as well as HWDC, HWMT, and HWTL.
  • Drones: 2 Guns (20) 107
  • Suit #2 with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and a Target Lock.
  • Suit #3 with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and a Target Lock.
    • Crisis Suit Team
  • Suit #1 with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and Targeting Array, as well as HWDC, HWMT, and HWTL.
  • Drones: 2 Guns (20) 107
  • Suit #2 with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and a Target Lock.
  • Suit #3 with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, and a Target Lock.

· Stealth Team X3 with a Team Leader, Fusion Blaster, and a Markerlight.

TROOPS ·

  •  Fire Warrior Team (X12) in a Devilfish:
  • Fire Warrior Team (X12).
  • Kroot Carnivore Squad (X12) accompanied by Kroot Hounds X5.

FAST ATTACK 162

  • Pathfinder Team X6 in a Devilfish.

HEAVY SUPPORT 480

  • Sky Ray Missile Defence Gunship with Smart Missiles, Targeting Array, and Multi Tracker.
  • Hammerhead Gunship with Railgun, and a Smart Missile System.
  • Hammerhead Gunship with Railgun, and a Smart Missile System.

This jumps back to the original list I had drawn up. Lots of anti-armour tanks, coupled with lots of Suits and some fast moving infantry, and this list should be pretty mean. I’m hoping a certain gentleman comes back over and rips this one apart too :)

Anyways, I’m waiting for Nov. 1st to get the next group of commissions. I’m also thinking about picking up a Tau Battleforce to really get the ball rolling, as well as have something to do over the Thanksgiving Break! Anyways, expect ever more lists, pictures, etc.! I actually need to do some more tutorials….expect at least one of the Sandstone effect when I get the next group!

Granesh

No comments:

Post a Comment