Sunday, May 25, 2014

5/25/14: Finished: The Obsidian Knight Freeblade Knight Titan

Hey folks!

Man, this has been the month of the Adeptus Titanicus! With the Raven/Metalica commission completed, and the next terrain commission in various stages of completion and drying, I broke this bad boy out and rocked him out nice and quick! This Knight is for the same client that purchased the House Terryn and House Cadmus Knights, so he's got quite a collection of knights now! Enough talk, pictures!


The Obsidian Knight is best known for his role on the planet of Agrellan during the Damocles Gulf Crusade. He, along with House Terryn knights, drove back the Tau during the battle of Mu'gulath Bay until the xenos deployed the first Riptides. This model has been painted to match the scheme in the Imperial Knight codex.


Both weapons are magnetized as well!


Muzzle burn on the Thermal Cannon. I base it with a mix of Mournfang Brown and Leadbelcher, then its washed with Agrax Earthshade, Druchii Violet, and Drakenhof Nightshade. Once dry, its sponged Chainmail! 


I love the insignia, but the transfers are a little flat. If I was going to do him again, I might actually freehand the skulls instead!


Lots of weathering and chipping to bring detail to the large amount of black this badboy's rocking!


You can see the dead Tau on the base; they were just chilling in my bits box, so some slight converting was done, and they were set into the base! The markings are from the Bork'an Sept, which was the sept responsible for taking Agrellan from Imperial Forces.

Whew! Very happy with how he turned out! Tuesday will have the first of five sets of Fantasy Terrain for Good Games posted, I'll be out of town the last weekend of May/early June, then its time for more terrain, Necrons, and the next Warhound Titan! 

Stay tuned,

Granesh

1 comment:

  1. Looks fantastic. I want to see shots of the rear of the base! When you do your weathering, do you seal first, then do the sponge? I've been experimenting with the sponge, and it's so random, I worry about messing up my model as I go along trying to beat it up.

    ReplyDelete