Monday, November 5, 2012

11/5/12: Finished: Festus the Leechlord, Ogres’ Ironblaster, and Spurs that Jingle, Jangle, Jingle…wait..what?

Hey guys!
So, as promised, I have another blogpost for the day! Sorry for the lack of posts, like I said, I’ve been pretty busy the last week or so.
First up is Festus the Leechlord. I’d been debating on picking this model when he came up, and my boss said he’d commission me to do him, as he was planning on running him in a squad of 60 Khorne Chaos Marauders! Ouch! About 5 hours into him, lots of fun! I actually picked up another to use as a Dark Apostle, so expect him soon!
Festus1
Festus2
FestusDetail
Sorry some of the pictures are a little blurry, guess I was a little shaky while taking those…
Also finished was the second Ogre Kingdoms Ironblaster for the other owner of the shop I work at. Really happy with the pair of them, lemme see if I can find a picture of the other one…
Ironblaster1
Huh, don’t seem to have a picture of the other Ironblaster. Here’s a Stonehorn instead, from the same army!
120801_0000
Also played around a little bit with my Ork Stompa. Wasn’t sure if I was going to paint him and sell him or just sell him, but I’m thinking I’ll do a little weathering practice on him and then let him go to a home that’ll get to use him!
Stompa1
Lastly, for everyone who’d followed the Facebook page, you got to see me work on my Halloween Costume. If not, well you shan’t miss out!
I decided to go as the Courier from one of my favorite games, Fallout: New Vegas! Ratty 50’s prospector clothes and a Pip-Boy, not too difficult, right?
PipBoy
The Pip-Boy was actually pretty easy to do and, though it didn’t survive the night, it played its role: being really fucking heavy! Anyone guess what it is?
561949_543038329055960_2038180007_n
That’s right, it’s an alarm clock. Add some bottlecaps, spray it black and weather the hell outta it, and you’re set! It was also glued to an old elbow pad which I removed the hard plastic cap from. That sucker was really heavy and ended up getting lost in the great Durango Zombie March.
Anyways, here’s the costume all finished, minus the ski goggles:
384325_4002771913333_489879029_n
And me with my amazing girlfriend ex-girlfriend, who went as a rave fairy!
253160_4008928987256_1941312637_n
Phew! Alrighty, I’ve got a ton of projects to work on! Abaddon, an Imperial Strongpoint, Grey Knights, Warmachine pieces, more Malifaux…I’m in full swing!
Granesh

No comments:

Post a Comment