Sunday, November 18, 2012

11/18/12: DakkaDakka, Femme Fatale GK Henchmen and Some Chaos Terrain!

WIP Assembled (1)
Hey guys!
So, first off, I’d like to say thank you again everyone who posted over in the DakkaDakka post I linked to on my Facebook page the other day. I woke up on Friday to find a post asking ‘Is Smells Like Wargaming Trustworthy?’ Here’s a link to the post: Aqui! Again, if anyone would mind jumping over there and posting some good cred my way, I’d be most appreciative!
I’ve been a pretty busy bee the last couple of days! The painting bug has bitten, and I’ve been motivated to work on a commission I’ve had for too long…
561592_552170484809411_1960004623_n
It’s a blurry picture, my apologies, but you can start to see the next group of Warrior Acolytes being worked on! I’ve got 16 more to do, so it shouldn’t be too bad to roll through. The only thing I’m not looking forward to is adding Axe heads to the Assassins, but we’ll pass that roadblock when it happens.
I also had some freetime in my sculpture class on Friday to play with some power tools! Still have all my fingers too! It just gave me an opportunity to make some bases for a box of Arcane Ruins I’ve had sitting on my shelf for quite some time.
121117_0001
They’re quick pictures, but you can get the gist of it here. Basic earth basing to match our existing tables, and I opted for reds again to match the Temple of Skulls I did over the summer.
121117_0002
A little freehand on the chaos star, adds a chaotic touch!
121117_0003
Creepy! Probably two hours of work into this piece, I need some gloss varnish to make the skull look marbled and some matte varnish to protect it, but for now, its set for some games! Just to reference, here’s a shot of the Temple of Skulls I did in July:
Temple of Skulls WIP
The two kits would probably match together really nicely…hmmmm….
Alrighty, that’s all for now. Should have a ton of the Warrior Acolytes done tomorrow, and hopefully will be getting some Blood Bowl in as well! Maybe I’ll get some better shots of them too…
255304_492572634102530_1091456843_n
Granesh

No comments:

Post a Comment