Saturday, May 19, 2012

5/19/12: Gaming: 1750 Point Non-Lash/Oblits Tournament CSM List

DSCF2032

Hey guys,

Just a quick blogpost before I have to run to work, but I figured I’d share my Chaos Marines list for our 1750 40k tournament tomorrow at Durango Game Space.

Pretty much an expansion on my smaller point lists, I feel it expands out to a very effective army at this points level.

DSCF2087

HQ
  • Daemon Prince with Mark of Nurgle and Wings
  • Daemon Prince with Mark of Nurgle and Wings
TROOPS
  • Alpha Legionnaires X10 with 2 Meltagun, Icon of Chaos Glory, and an Aspiring Champion with Powerfist/Combi-Melta, in a Rhino with Dozer Blade, Extra Armour, and Combi-Melta.
  • Alpha Legionnaires X10 with 2 Meltagun, Icon of Chaos Glory, and an Aspiring Champion with Powerfist/Combi-Melta, in a Rhino with Dozer Blade, Extra Armour, and Combi-Melta.
  • Khorne Berserkers X8 with 2 Plasma Pistols, a Personal Icon, and a Skull Champion with Power Fist and Plasma Pistol, in a Rhino with Extra Armour, Dozer Blade, and Combi-Melta.
  • Summoned Lesser Bloodletters X8
  • Summoned Lesser Bloodletters X8
FAST ATTACK
  • Chaos Bikers X3 with two Plasma Guns, an Icon of Chaos Glory, and a Champion with Power Weapon/Melta Bombs.
HEAVY SUPPORT
  • Vindicator with Daemonic Possession and Combi-Melta.
DSCF2057

List comes right out at 1750 on the nose, and really builds on how I play Chaos the best. Lots of troops choices, all of which help to bring in the scoring Lesser Daemons, as do the Bikers. I know a lot of people are nay-naying Daemon Princes these days, but seeing as I’m not running Obliterators, a good midrange anti-tank and anti-armour choice is good, especially with Mark of Nurgle and Wings, they’re tough to get through.

The Vindicator is really just a giant bullseye on my side of the table. I’d much rather let Long Fangs shoot at that than my Rhinos or my Daemon Princes. If it does survive past turn two or three though, its gonna do
some damage, especially with Daemonic Possession ignoring a third of the damage table.

DSCF1790

Lastly, the Bikers. Most people don’t even give Chaos Bikers the time of day. The concept was brought up by an old friend of mine when I was getting an initial list drawn up. The Bikers are essentially an 175 point Turbo-Boosting icon, which allows for the Daemons to drop in nice and quick into your opponents ranks. Not the scariest combination, but seeing as I love Troops choices so much, using them in synergy with another unit means the Daemons can potentially mess someone up, if not just going to ground and weathering fire.

Overall, it’s a little more serious than the Abaddon list I was running last time. Good overall mid-range combat effectiveness, a couple of heavy-hitters, and decent mobility. As long as I know what to assault and what not to assault, the army holds up.

Will get some pictures of the tournament tomorrow, so check the Facebook Page and the blog on Monday.

Also, nearly finished with the Imperial Fists. I took a LOT longer than I wanted to with these guys, but they look pretty good!

477699_450879698271824_254589851234144_1709161_1315578971_o

Should be done either Sunday or Monday, depending on how the tournament goes!

Granesh

No comments:

Post a Comment