Tuesday, April 10, 2012

4/10/12:Gaming: Three CSM Lists for this Saturday

Hey guys,

Kinda a busy day, at least early, thanks to class. Hoping to get a bunch of painting done this evening though, which is always good.

Anyways, I’ve been focused on our upcoming tournament this Saturday, and as usual, can’t decide on what I want to run. I know I threw out the Abaddon list on my last post, but I figured I’d throw down a couple other lists and see what you all thought of them. I’ll explain what I have modeled and painted too, as I prefer to run what I have built and done.

DSCF1983

List one: Abaddon’s Crusade
HQ
  • Abaddon the Despoiler
TROOPS
  • 8 Khorne Berserkers with 2 Plasma Pistols, with a Skull Champion with Power Fist/Plasma Pistol.
  • 5 Alpha Legionnaires with Meltagun and Chaos Glory, with Aspiring Champion with Power Fist/Combi-Melta, in a Rhino with Extra Armor/Combi-Melta.
  • 5 Alpha Legionnaires with Meltagun and Chaos Glory, with Aspiring Champion with Power Fist/Combi-Melta, in a Rhino with Extra Armor/Combi-Melta.
  • 5 Alpha Legionnaires with Meltagun and Chaos Glory, with Aspiring Champion with Power Fist/Combi-Melta, in a Rhino with Extra Armor/Combi-Melta.
  • 8 Summoned Lesser Daemons HEAVY SUPPORT
    • Land Raider with Daemonic Possession and Combi-Melta.
    As I said last time, this list is really against how I like to play the game, but I’d love to let Abaddon hit the table, especially in a unit that will hit that hard. I do need to base some of the Zerkers and the Bloodletters, but other than that, the army is at least WYSIWYG.

    DSCF2077

    List two: Dual Nurgle Prince/Daemon Drop
    HQ
    • Daemon Prince with Mark of Nurgle and Wings.
    • Daemon Prince with Mark of Nurgle and Wings.
    TROOPS
    • Chaos Space Marines with 2 Meltaguns, Icon of Chaos Glory, and Aspiring Champion with Power Fist, Combi-Melta, and Melta Bombs, in a Rhino with Extra Armour and a Combi-Melta.
    • Khorne Berserkers (X7) with 2 Plasma Pistols, Personal Icon, and a Skull Champion with a Plasma Pistol and Power Fist, in a Rhino with Extra Armour and Combi-Melta.
    • Summoned Lesser Daemons (X8)
    • Summoned Lesser Daemons (X8)
    FAST ATTACK
    • Chaos Bikers (X4), with Plasma Gun, Meltagun, Icon of Chaos Glory, and an Aspiring Champion with Power Weapon and Melta Bombs.
    HEAVY SUPPORT
    • Vindicator with Daemonic Possession and Combi-Melta.
    This list is almost entirely modeled and painted, which is a plus. The Bikers provide a base at which the Daemons can Deep Strike off of and tie up a unit, while everything else has an Icon in case the Bikers get smashed turn one or two. Fairly balanced and my usual playstyle, so I’d probably do best with this list.
    List three: Chaos Mono-Build

    DSCF0984

    HQ
    • Daemon Prince with Wings, Mark of Slaanesh, and Lash of Submission.
    • Daemon Prince with Wings, Mark of Slaanesh, and Lash of Submission.
    TROOPS
    • 7 Man Plague Legionnaires Squad with 2 Meltaguns and an Aspiring Champion with Combi-Melta, Power Fist, and Melta Bombs, in a Rhino with Combi-Melta and Extra Armour.
    • 7 Man Plague Legionnaires Squad with 2 Meltaguns and an Aspiring Champion with Combi-Melta, Power Fist, and Melta Bombs, in a Rhino with Combi-Melta and Extra Armour.
    • 7 Man Plague Legionnaires Squad with 2 Meltaguns and an Aspiring Champion with Combi-Melta, Power Fist, and Melta Bombs, in a Rhino with Combi-Melta and Extra Armour.
    HEAVY SUPPORT
    • 2 Obliterators
    • 2 Obliterators
    I almost feel dirty for even considering this, but it is a tournament…I doubt I’d run this one. You all know how it works. Lash + Unit on Foot = Plasma Cannon/Melta/Assault. All that fun stuff. 3 Plague Marine Squads would be nice for objective holding, and 2 Princes are always mean, but I don’t think I need a Mono-build to do well.

    Alrighty, plans are to get at least half the Imperial Fist Tactical Squad done tonight, meaning I can either work on homework or get some pieces for Saturday done. Probably the latter! Pictures regardless!

    Granesh





    No comments:

    Post a Comment