Thursday, January 19, 2012

1/19/12: Finished: FW Bray’arth Ashmantle Venerable Dreadnought

Hey guys!

So I sat down after finishing Magilla’s Green Knights, and got right into my next set of commissions. This guy’d been sitting on my desk a little longer than I like to keep commissions, but I think he turned out worthwhile.

For those of you who don’t know Bray’arth, he’s in Imperial Armour 10: Badab War Part 2. He’s a little more than a Land Raider, Venerable, has the old Living Metal rule, and is armed with Dual DCCW that can be either 2 Heavy Flamers or a TL Meltagun. In other words, he’s cool. Not broken, but cool.

The model’s even cooler!

DSCF2012

DSCF2013

The head sits really low, compared to the little rim around the outside of it, so I couldn’t paint his eyes.

DSCF2022

DSCF2021

Really happy with the DCCW claws, his pose gives him a menacing look, as well as dangerous. Arms are magnetized as well.

DSCF2016

DSCF2018

And, an idea of size. He’s a little taller than a regular Dreadnought.

DSCF2020

That Khorne Berserker won’t know what hit him…

Next up, Inquisitor Karazmov!

DSCF2023

Granesh

3 comments:

  1. wow that looks so awesome! the model it's self is so epic but your paint job has made it super mega epic. The fire is great! I am just undercoating my SW Ven Dread today! :)

    ReplyDelete