Wednesday, May 25, 2011

In Progress: Exalted Champion of Khorne

Hey guys,

Just a quick update tonight.

While I have a small lull in commissions, I decided to add something new to my Imperial Guard. Wait, what does Khorne have to do with my guard?

For those of you who don’t know about the Servants of Slaughter list, Imperial Armour 5 allows you to field an Imperial Guard army with mutant Ogryn, Mutant Rabble, and even Khorne Berserkers. Having a new IG player in the area, I’ve decided to play around with FW lists some more. I’ve always loved the idea of the Khornate Champion leading the army, so I decided to make him a super modelling project.

DSCF1026

The legs are various pieces of Khorne Berserker legs, and the damaged Marine helmet is from the Chaos Vehicle Accessory Sprue.

DSCF1027

The head is from the Warriors of Chaos sprue with the horns removed. I’ll be adding some venting and things to make it more 40k-esque. I’m still torn on how he’s going to be armed. I’m thinking about Lightning Claw/Combi-Melta, but the LC should be complimented by a pistol. Maybe a Powerfist/Combi-Melta…or Combi-Plasma….hmmmm….decisions…

More progress tomorrow hopefully, assuming my next commission doesn’t arrive! I’m glad to be doing something for myself, its been a while.

Granesh

No comments:

Post a Comment