Monday, October 12, 2015

10/12/15: Showcase: Ultramarines Suzerain and Thud Guns Commission

Howdy folks!

Its been a full week since I got back from my mini-vacation, and I've already been nose-deep in painting projects! This commission is an add-on to Guilliman and a set of vehicles I've completed over the course of the year!




The gang's all here!


The first chunk is a 10 man Suzerain squad. Client wanted 2 Thunderhammers, as well as a banner to go with the squad. These guys are going to be scary rolling out of their transport alongside the primarch!


A simple freehand banner, based on the 40k Ultramarines 2nd Company one. The basic shapes were drawn in with a Micron pen, then it was all colored in from there!


Three Thud Mortars; these models would make great alternative Thunderfire Cannons as well!




Ultramarines artillery rain death down upon the lines of traitor Militarum! For the 500 Worlds!

This is a super busy month guys! Lots of White Scars due towards the end of the month, and a couple of one-off fun projects to keep my brain from melting under all that white!

Stay tuned!
Granesh

3 comments:

  1. Love that weathering on the thud guns. You must get so happy when you have a shield to work with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy! Hairspray weathering is one of my favorite techniques now! :)

      Granesh

      Delete

  2. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion.
    From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work

    Try to check my blog: 오피 (jk)

    ReplyDelete