Monday, May 4, 2015

5/4/15: Miniature Monday: For Sale Eldar WIP

Howdy folks!

Earlier this year, I had a buddy looking to sell off a couple armies of his. One was an Ogre Kingdoms army, which I'll be painting once the fate of Fantasy is determined, and the second was a Saim-Hann Eldar army, complete with two dozen Jetbikes, lots of vypers and tanks, coming in at over 3k points, according to the old codex.

At the moment, only the Wraithknight, Crimson Hunter, and the Wave Serpent are complete. I wanted to take the Eldar away from there usual bright and clean look, so I opted for hairspray salt weathering for a more natural, gritty chipping effect that I'm very pleased with. I make sure both the hairspray and the paint aren't dry when I remove the salt as well, as the hairspray cracks the paint and the paint sloughs off naturally.

Expect more updates of these guys as I find time! I'm thinking next project for them is either the Wraithguard and Wraithlord, or the 3 Fire Prisms. Either way, it should be fun! Next up is a commission of Warmaster models I'm very excited to work on, so stay tuned!

Granesh

No comments:

Post a Comment