Sunday, December 25, 2011

Painting/Modeling: Lords of the Black Crusade and Dragon Forge Bases

Abaddon

Hey guys,

First off, Merry Christmas! Happy Chanukah! Happy Festivus! Just enjoy the holiday season with your loved ones!

So as the blog has shown lately, I haven’t had a lot of time to work on personal projects. I’m alright with that, but I’ve got an itch to get some stuff done for my Chaos Marines between commissions. It’ll be a little bit of time, but I have some big plans for the Alpha Legion and their expansion.

However, I have one big project to get done for them, obviously a fun project more so than anything else, but I think I can get him to work and have a lot of fun with him. Thanks to my little bro, I recently received a Chaos Terminator Lord kit. I also have one coming in through Durango Game Space, thanks to the Winter Objective grabbing, for like $10, which I’m excited for. A holiday eBay gift card got me this guy too:

m1800132a_99800102001_AbaddonTheDespoiler_445x319

Hoping to do the Spiky Bitz’ MBG’s treatment on him by combining him and the Plastic Terminator Lord. A pointing pose with the Talon of Horus, Drach’nyn hanging at his side, and an air of Authority about him.

Now obviously, he’s not the best character in the game, unfortunately. That Daemon Weapon needs to stop wounding him, and the Talon needs to be a little more impressive. That’s not why I’m building him. I’d like to focus the Chaos Marines on an Apocalypse-style force. Meaning that I’m already on my way to building the Lords of the Black Crusade datasheet!

Abaddon_The_Despoiler-Warmaster_of_Chaos

For those of you who can’t remember, the Lords of the Black Crusade is:

  • Warmaster Ezekiel Abaddon
  • 4 Chaos Lords/Sorcerers, working as Lord Ravager, Lord Deceiver, Lord Corruptor, and Lord Purgator.
  • 1 Squad of Chosen or Chaos Terminators

Now, right now, I have the 1 Squad of Terminators (I need more pink!), 2 Lords, and Abaddon. I may have enough bitz in my box to get another Lord or two out of there, so we’ll see where my stuff gets me!

The other thing I’ve decided to do is that the Alpha Legion is going to be a good looking army. So just today, I dropped an order with Jeff over at Dragon Forge Designs for enough Resin Bases to get my Chaos Army all based up. I figured, with the Alpha Legion being sneaky and everything, that a cityscape would be most fitting. So I went with the Concrete Rubble set:

25mm concrete rubble1

I also picked up the small Aquila Brass Etching from Forge World to give the bases a more 40k-Imperial feel, so expect some updates of those when they come in!

The painting bug is coming back in force, and there’s some Green Knights back on my desk waiting for a sexy coat of paint!

Granesh

No comments:

Post a Comment